Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a full-time Campaign Officer (Climate & Trade)
Présentation :Climate Action Network (CAN) Europe is Europe's largest coalition working on climate change. We are currently seeking a motivated and talented campaigner and communicator to join our trade and investment policy team (full time or at least 60%), either working in Brussels or remotely.
The successful candidate will in particular support our campaign to end the Energy Charter Treaty, an investment agreement from the 1990s, which allows fossil fuel firms to sue states for climate policies. The campaign has gained considerable momentum in the past year. Can you help us expose and end this little known anti-climate agreement?
Your tasks:• External communications: You ensure that our activities are noted in traditional and social media. You also write articles for our blog and website and reach out to external stakeholders.
• Campaigning and networking: You look ahead at upcoming moments and figure out how to make best use them to reach our campaign objectives. You maintain and grow our campaign network with a view to integrate new partners and keep existing ones involved.
• Internal communications: You keep our wide network of campaign partners and member organisations informed about upcoming campaign moments and ensure they have all the tools at hand they need to maximize our impact.
Required skills and experiences:• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Outstanding networking skills, ideally in an NGO environment.
• Relevant experience in campaigning and strategy development.
• High level of motivation and the ability to independently execute project work while meeting deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and team-working skills.
Desirable skills and experiences:
• We don’t require you to know the ins and outs of trade and investment agreements but knowledge in this policy area is of course a plus.
For any questions in relation to this position, please contact Cornelia Maarfield, email@example.com