Climate Action Network Europe is looking for a Network Outreach Coordinator
Climate Action Network Europe (CAN Europe), Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issue, is currently seeking a highly motivated, dynamic and results-driven staff member to support the further development of our Network. This position would be based in Brussels. The job includes strategic and operational tasks. The successful candidate will be a key team member charged with meeting our organisation’s needs, mission and goals.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the NGO sector, preferably at local or national level;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Knowledge of policies and procedures specific to the requirements of a non-profit
considered an asset;
- Values working within an international team and network across different cultures;
- Ability to network.
Experience, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of climate change policy, programs and organisations considered an asset;
- The working language is English but another European language considered an asset.
- Knowledge of databases and other technical tools such as community platforms are
considered an asset.
Main duties will include:
- Strong organisational and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly, respectfully, and warmly—both orally and in writing In
- Takes initiative and completes tasks;
- Proven skills in methods of organising, outreach, communication and networking;
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time effectively;
- Responsible and dependable, and demonstrates confidentiality in the performance of
all job functions;
- Good team player, positive attitude.
- Establish regular contact and outreach to CAN Europe member organisations;
- Support the further development of our membership;
- Strategise initiatives and programmes that best meet the needs of the network membership.
- Experience in working in the international environment
- Flexible working hours
- Gross salary for a full time equivalent between 2880EUR & 3780EUR, depending on the
- Compensation for communications and public transport costs.
This position is based in the CAN Europe secretariat, which houses our team of 20 staff members. This full time or 4/5 position is based on a Belgian open-ended contract. Please note that the title of Coordinator refers to CAN Europe's role as coordinator of our 160+ members network and not to internal management responsibilities.
please send a letter of motivation and CV in english to email@example.com with Network Coordinator as subject line.
The letter of motivation should clearly demonstrate why you want the job, stating why you wish to work for a climate NGO and how your skills and experience are relevant to the job requirements detailed above**
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2019
First round of Interviews (on skype) preferably between 2 and 5 July
Second round of Interviews preferably between 9 and 12 July
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter.
Please note that CAN Europe is also hiring for a fundraising and network support position.
Inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Position/Title ||Network Outreach Coordinator |
|Goal of Position ||Ensure CAN Europe’s Secretariat’s is connected well with its members (and other partners) to maximise the political effectiveness of the network – and to provide support to vital internal tasks of the Secretariat’s operation |
|Functions & responsibilities || Network outreach|
- Lead organization of General Assemblies and capacity building sessions in Brussels and other EU member states
- Setup and maintain the tools for internal communication of the network (database of members and key relevant partners, the online community and the emails lists)
- Develop relationships with members and scope out areas of improvement
- Coordinate with policy and communications team to support the successful implementation of campaigns across the network objectives
- Support the development and implementation of a network outreach program with input from the team and relevant others
- Scope out potential new members, partners and stakeholders
- Participate in the execution of specific grants
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and distribution of marketing material of the network and information updates to the network (including via the website) in liaison with the team
- Participate in the development and perform regular evaluations of network usage and effectiveness
- Provide support to other CAN Europe events and meetings and related network processes, as necessary
- Attend internal and external meetings relevant to network outreach and staying on top of overall political context
Fundraising and reporting
- Support fundraising effort related to relevant policy dossiers and assist the development of project concepts and applications in line with CAN Europe’s fundraising strategy
- Regularly report on activities undertaken in writing through the CAN Europe reporting system and against individual projects and grants as required
Input to internal affairs
- Participate in team-wide processes and matters relevant to the organisation as a whole as required
- Work on other projects as assigned by the line manager
- Full time or 4/5 contract
|% of Time || Main team responsibilities |
| 20|| Administration and finances |
| 10 || Communication and representation |
| 70|| Coordination and outreach |
| 100 || TOTAL |
% of Time
| 70 || Network outreach/ coordination |
| 10 || Fundraising and reporting |
| 20 || Internal affairs |
| 100 || TOTAL |
| Supervisory responsibilities || Supervise interns, as appropriate |
| Line management ||This position is managed by the Head of Network Outreach |